Thursday, August 26, 2010

~*~ Tea at My House ~*~

Yesterday (August 25th) I hosted a Tea for a couple of my girlfriends.  I spent the whole morning cleaning, cleaning, and doing more cleaning to get ready.  The house looked lovely by the time it was time for everyone to arrive and I already had some of the items ready for everyone to enjoy.  I made cucumber sandwiches, which John tried and then kept coming back for more and more, I'd bought pirouettes, chessmen cookies, and some oatmeal, dark chocolate, cherry almond cookies (which I never did try).  My friends arrived one by one.  Cindy brought a platter for meat, cheese, and crackers and an Asian dish that we never even brought out (she took it back home for dinner).  Carley brought some baklava, cream tarts, and coconut mount cookies with the bottoms dipped in chocolate.  Athena brought several bags of various different cookies, one was a sampler pack of Pepperidge Farm cookies, yum!  We had three different teas:  Irish breakfast, a strawberry one, and a Honey Vanilla Chai.  We all had a good visit and got a bit overloaded on sugar again, at least I did!  

We are planning on doing a tea at least once a month from now on and from what I gather the girls would like to invite more friends to join us, so this could get pretty big.  I'll take pictures in the future, but for now I don't have any to post.  I need to get a few things for our tea too, like a table cloth.  When the kids got home they ate up the rest of the goodies and I made them two new pots of tea, which they drank a bunch of, however they kept pulling the bed sheet, which I used for a table cloth, off the table.  They should have some really pretty fall ones available pretty soon if not now, I just haven't been looking.  I should also pick up some washable place mats, or make them?!  We'll see...  So over all it was a good time.  A chance to relax and visit with the girls!

No comments: