Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Just Missed It

I've been trying to find a comfy foam chair for Maggie for weeks now and toying with the idea of getting one for even longer.  Well today I decided I'd go out to a bunch of different resale stores to look for one; don't want to pay the $30+ for a new one that the regular stores are charging.  So John, Maggie, and I headed out about 11 this morning.  We went to Little Tikes Trading Post, Big Lots, Unique Thrift Store, then the Goodwill.  No luck!  Then we headed to our last stop 'Kid to Kid'.  As I went in the store I started looking around for a foam chair, as I finished my lap around the store I noticed that another family had a little foam chair in their hands, the one and only one in the store, it was marked $4.99.  They didn't look like they were sure they were going to buy it so I thought I'd stick around and see if they'd put it back.  Meanwhile I found a cute little pair of soft sole dress shoes for Maggie and a super cute little ballerina tutu for her from Gymboree.  I waited for quite awhile before I decided to go and check out, unfortunately when I got in line the other people were already in line ahead of me and they DID purchase the chair.  I'm so bummed, if I'd only shown up a few minutes earlier the $5 chair would have been mine, well Maggie's!!!  Humph, I guess that chair wasn't meant to be...  I'll keep looking, but I'm running out of time, Maggie's Birthday is next Thursday!!!

No comments: