Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Day 10...

 
        Monday, May 2nd 2011.  Wow, the days are going to too quickly and I’m too busy to be able to get caught up in this Blog or I’m afraid I’d end up not going to bed one night…
         So Monday, I…can’t seem to remember what I did.  I may have to work backwards…
         First thing in the morning we woke to a bit of snow.  I’m not sure why it’s still snowing?  The weather just doesn’t seem to know how to make up it’s mind here!!! 
         After the kids went to school, John, Maggie and I went to Walmart to get a few things.  My list wasn’t very long: a couple Birthday cards for friends (with Birthdays this week), some socks for me, bananas, baby carrots and a few other various items…  John, Maggie, and I also checked out the Easter stuff at 75% off.  We got a couple party favors and another Easter Sing-a-ma-jig (only $2.50).  We checked out the toys in the back and stopped by the shoes.  At the cards we all had fun looking at all the large selection.  I was looking for a particular theme for one of my friends, but never found what I was looking for.  However, I did find a card for my sister, which I had to get, though her Birthday isn’t until August.  I also found another really cool card that had Jack Bauer on it, I was tempted to get it for Doug (my Moms husband), but didn’t and I’m kicking myself now because when I got home and check the calendar to see who else’s Birthdays there are this month I found out that Doug’s Birthday is next week, so I’m gonna go back and get it! 
         The rest of the day is a blur.  I think somewhere in there I stopped at my friend Athena’s house and dropped off some super yummy bacon bits for a soup she was planning to make for us for dinner some night this week.  I also think that we went to the Dollar Tree (a store, which is rapidly becoming my favorite place to shop)?!?!
         In the evening, since the lawn had dried from our over night dusting of snow, I was able to rake part of the front yard, mow it, and do a bit of edging with the weed whacker.  It was so dusty though that I had to take my contacts out because my eyes were so irritated!  We really need to hire someone to get our lawn back to a lawn; I’m not sure how to do it!!!
         When I finished cleaning up the front yard (mostly, still need to rake the rest of the lawn) I came in and Maggie was crying her lungs out.  I was like, “What’s going on?  What’s wrong with Maggie?”  When I picked her up I figured it out; she was all ridged and I could smell that she needed to be changed.  So I took her over to change her and discovered she’d had a nasty blow out and he rear was lobster red.  I cleaned her up as much as I could (she didn’t like that one bit because it hurt so much), so I took her upstairs and ran a luke warm bath so I could clean her off the rest of the way.  I tried to get her to sit, but her rear was just hurting too much and she was bawling so much that she ended up throwing up a little bit.  I didn’t think much of it, just thought maybe she just got herself worked up too much, then all of a sudden she spewed her entire dinner.  Fortunately she was in the tub and the water was running, so I shut it off and cleaned up the mess when she was done.  I had to rinse the tub before I ran her a shallow bath, but she seemed to be a bit better when she had eliminated the contense of her stomach. I still couldn’t get her to sit in the bath, so I just soaped her up and rinsed her off while she was standing.  She was shaking like a leaf when I pulled her out of the tub a few minutes later (she had been for most of the bath).  Once she was dried off I medicated her rear and put her in a, loose, two piece pj.   Then brought her downstairs to my chair and cuddled her for a while.  At first I couldn’t figure out why she had thrown up, then it dawned on me that she had eaten the dairy based soup for dinner and she has been really showing signs of being Lactose intolerant for awhile now.  She hasn’t had any dairy for over a day, so this sudden bombardment of the stuff had apparently send her insides reeling!  At least that’s the only thing I can figure that did it because we hadn’t eaten anything out of the ordinary other than the dairy based soup.  So, for the next week (and I should have been doing this earlier) I have to keep Maggie completely off of dairy and see if her symptoms clear up.  Poor little girl; she really loves the stuff and now she probably can’t have it anymore!  :O(
         …Well, I’m drawing a blank for the rest of the day.  I know it was a lot busier than what I’ve written, but I’ll have to fill it in later when my memory comes back…  Until then…

No comments: