Monday, June 29, 2009

June 23rd through 29th update...

~June 26, 2009

Well, it’s Friday already can you believe it?  The days have been busy for us, but that’s going to slow down this next month since Jacob mostly has weekends off and my friend Cindy doesn’t do weekends since her husband is in training all week and they only get to see each other on weekends, so…  I’m trying to decide whether I want to still try and get out and take the kids too, or just not go out hardly at all next month.  It’s not like I really need to buy anything, just that I would like to get out and do some window-shopping and check out some more baby stuff.  I do need a pack ‘n play that will fit I in with our family room décor, preferably something in a dark brown and green!!!

So this last Tuesday I did go to the movies with my friend Cindy.  Jacob was already at the movies when I got there at about 10 till 4.  We switched vehicles and he took the kids home.  It was a good thing that I arrived so early cause I was the first one in line for the movie and got the best seats in the house.  Shortly after I sat down some people tried to sit right next to me, but I told them that I was expecting someone and they moved over.  The movie was good though, “X-Men Origins: Wolverine”.  I’d already seen it, but Cindy hadn’t and she wanted to go.  I was happy to go with her and see it again!  Wolverine is my favorite superhero type character!  I think he fits my personality best and I love the regeneration ability that he has!  One of my role-playing characters has that ability too!  It’s so handy!!!  Afterwards we went to the Dollar Store and I picked up some cleaning supplies that I can get there pretty cheap, then I went home.

Thursday we all got up early and got ready to go to the Zoo.  Cindy arrived at about 8:15, earlier than I was expecting her, but that was nice!  Jacob had left for a political meeting of a group he just recently joined (I wasn’t sure when to expect him back, but he was home shortly after Cindy arrived).  We left a little before 9 a.m.  I had thought that going earlier in the morning would be better for the Zoo, but the longer we were there the hotter it got and there wasn’t enough of a breeze to compensate for the scorching sun!  Unfortunately for me, for some reason, I seem to blow up like a balloon when I’m out in the heat for more than ten minutes.  I have to stay pretty chilled to maintain my normal body chemistry and not blow up.  I’m going to talk to my OB about that at my next visit on Tuesday!  We didn’t make it around the whole Zoo like I was hoping, but we did go about 2.77 miles.  I guess we’ll have to wait for a day that’s much cooler to go or we just won’t be able to go at all cause I just can’t seem to stand the heat very well…  We headed to lunch after the Zoo.  Went to Carl’s Jr and I got my favorite meal there, the Chicken Bacon and Swiss sandwich with fries and a chocolate shake.  I didn’t eat anything for dinner cause that meal lasts you all day!  We came back home and watched “Kung Fu Panda”.  Cindy had never seen it and I think she really liked it!  It’s really funny!!!  :O)  Cindy went home after the movie and I headed out to do a little necessity shopping by myself.  I still need to go and get some groceries though, I’ll probably do that Monday.

Today a couple of my friends came over for our first role-playing session.  Jacob had a really long campaign drawn up, but we only made it through half of it because the girls spent about an hour and a half getting their characters put together the rest of the way.  We’ll pick up where we left off next Tuesday.  We might have to get together more than once a week at this rate in order to really get anywhere.  Everyone left a little after 4.   Jacob and I also worked on the downstairs room trying to get it ready for Uncle James arrival today.  It’s 10:30 p.m. and I’m not sure where he is?!  Jacob had to go to bed at 8 to be up at 4:30 to get ready for work tomorrow and I put the kids to bed at 9.  He also found out this evening that until further notice he’ll be working 12 hour shifts so he won’t be home till after 6:30 p.m. each evening.  That makes dinner plans a little up in the air since I like to try and eat earlier, heartburn is starting to become an issue again if I eat too late!  So I might just have to make dinner earlier and save some for him when he gets home!

This weekend I currently have no plans other than teaching the 10:45 a.m. 2’s/3’s Sunday School Class at Church.  The kids and I will probably attend the 9 am service as well, but I haven’t decided yet.  Uncle James mentioned something about going to Church with us on Sunday.  I’m not sure how that will work with me needing to teach that class for second service?!  I guess I’ll have to write more Monday after the weekend so I can let you know what went on.  Until then…  Love you and good night!

~Saturday June 27th, 2009

Waited for Uncle James (my Mom’s brother who is staying with us for the weekend) till midnight last night then made up a bed for myself in the front room on the couch.  Tossed and turned till just before 4:30 and woke wide-awake.  Went back to my own bed cause my body was aching so much and baby girl didn’t like my sleeping on the couch either, she was up most of the night kicking me like crazy!  Finally was able to get back to sleep around 5:30 and then woke around 7 when the kids were freaking out in the boys room.  I had to get up and referee.  Am so tired and sore this morning, baby girl has finally settled down.  Hopefully the day will go better!

Now the kids are breakfasted and I’m trying to get them to get their clothes on for the day.  Was thinking about going to the Farmer’s Market at Southlands this morning and maybe going grocery shopping, our fridge is pretty bare.  I haven’t decided yet…

2:41 p.m. ~Uncle James called and apparently my Grandfather told him to stay in Vail last night, too bad nobody told me I could have slept in my own bed and not gotten only about 2 hours of sleep!  He plans to leave there around 3 or 3:30, which will probably put him here around 5:30 or 6.  He’s gonna get directions to the Christian Store then leave with one possibly two people he volunteered to take to the Airport.  I’m not sure what time the lady/ies need to be dropped off at the Air Port this evening.

I called Jacob at work and asked if he wanted to have lunch with us.  We went and picked him up and split a meal at Carl’s Jr.  The kids had Burger King Kid’s Meals.  After lunch the kids and I went and got groceries.  I wasn’t able to get everything at the Commissary so I’ll have to go to Walmart or King Sooper’s in the next few days to get the rest.

When we got back home the kids helped me unload the groceries and then they got one of the treats they picked out from freezer section.  Now they’re playing Legos and I’m watching “Fiddler on the Roof” while updating my letters and checking Facebook.

~Sunday June 28th, 2009

Well last night I didn’t get to bed till after 10 p.m.  Uncle James didn’t get back from his errand till after 9 and I stayed up and we chatted till a little after 10.  This morning I woke at 6 because the kids were already up and making bunches of noise!  It was so loud I couldn’t sleep any longer.  They will no longer be going to bed at 8 pm, getting up at 6 am in the summer is just way too early for me especially when I hadn’t gotten very much or very good sleep in the last two nights!  We don’t have anything other than Church on Sundays that really requires us to be up before 8 most days (I will have OB appointments later on this months and next that might require an early wake up, but that’s just every other week and then once a week near the end, I like early morning appointments!).

My back is killing me today!  I’m not exactly sure what happened when I slept on the couch the other night, but it really did a number on my back.  I’m gonna see if Jacob can give me a good massage tonight before bed and maybe loosen things up a bit for me!

This morning Uncle James and the kids and I went to Church.  James and I attended the first Service then during Second Service he attended a class upstairs.  Second Service I taught the 2’s/3’s class and met who I guess will be my adult summer helper Laura (I think that’s her name).  We only had 7 kids that ended up staying in class with us.  Two of the kids were too antsy and a distraction for the other kids so I had them moved down to the Toddler room where there was no structure.  They pretty much just wanted to play the whole time anyway, so it worked out and the Toddler room only had one kid!  David went down the 4’s class.  The last time I had him in my class he really distracted the other kids because he got really bored, he did really well in the 4’s though.  Anna stays with me during the 2nd Service and helps out.  I think though that during the summer if Jacob is off during a Sunday I’ll have him take the boys home with him and just stay with Anna.  It’s too long for John to stay in a classroom setting and he starts getting really cranky because he needs a nap.  If Jacob takes them home then they can get the nap that he really needs!

Next Sunday there is only one service at 9 o’clock so I’m pretty sure that I won’t need to be there at 10:45 for that class.  One of the Children’s Coordinators will call me later this week to confirm and then I don’t think we’ll be attending Church because there are no Sunday school classes for Anna or David that day.  I’m not sure what we’ll do, but I think Jacob is off…I’ll have to let you know…

After Church we went and picked up Jacob and we all went out to eat at Q’doba, one of Jacob and Anna’s favorite restaurants.  Then we took Jacob back to work and came home.  The kids have been watching movies and playing Legos since we got back and I had a long talk with Uncle James who is now taking a nap.  Jacob gets off work in about 44 min and hopefully he’ll actually get off work on time tonight!

Jacob got home around 6:30 and we all pretty much just sat around and watched a couple shows before he had to go to bed at 8.  This new work schedule really sucks cause he only has an hour an a half with the family in the evenings when he gets home before he has to go to bed to get up at 4:30 in the morning for the next day!  :O(   Fortunately today is his last day for two days, he has Tuesday and Wednesday off, then works Thursday and Friday, then has Saturday and Sunday off.

I didn’t get to bed till after 10 again.  I put the kids to bed around 9:30 because John was falling asleep.  The other two just put themselves to bed too so I just went with it.  I stayed up and watched a show really quick though so that’s why I didn’t go to bed with them.

~June 29th, 2009

Well, this morning I actually got to sleep in till about 7:30.  The kids had gotten up shortly before and were making bunches of noise again.  I got them breakfast and then myself something to eat.  

Uncle James left around 8:30 this morning to go down the Springs and check out a couple places he'd come to see...he's actually on his way back right now.  I think he'll be staying the night again tonight.

I decided that I wanted to go to the Unique Thrift Store and check things out there, wasn't sure if it would just be 25% off or 50, it was just 25%.  I found another bumper for the crib and a crib sheet in cream colors.  Found a couple of other cool things too!  Went home after and make lunch, Teriyaki Chicken w/ veggies and rice which the kids and I took to the Base and ate with Jacob.  After we dropped him back off, the kids and I went over to Kid to Kid and I found some changing pad covers and got the pack 'n play that I'm looking for put on a Wish List there.  I'll keep looking myself, but at least I won't have to look there really often cause they'll be looking for me.  From Kid to Kid we went to Walmart and picked up a few things, unfortunately the smaller Walmart didn't carry everything on my list so we'll have to go somewhere else.  I did pick up about a dozen mouse traps though, we have a bit of a mouse problem, or at least we have had, they might be dying off, literally, due to all the traps we've already set.

Back home now I set John and David down to eat more of their lunch.  John was actually sleeping while the rest of us ate, so he only got a granola bar when we were at Walmart. Neither one of them really wanted to eat though.  They are more interested in playing right now.  All the kids are downstairs playing and watching a movie I think.

Jacob won't be home until around 6:30 this evening.  We ate a large lunch so we won't be having a large dinner.  Probably just cereal or something.  Actually cereal is becoming a regular dinner item for us since I'm starting to struggle with heartburn again.  My weekly pregnancy updates say that the 3rd trimester can bring on more heartburn due to my ever enlarging uterus which is cramping things, so I'm probably gonna have to go back to eating very early dinners to that I don't pay for it in the evening.  Waking up with severe heartburn in the middle of the night is no fun!

No other plans for the rest of the day.  There's lots going on tomorrow...tune in later for another update.  I might add a bit more to this post later after the evening passes, just to let you know!  :O)


No comments: