Saturday, October 25, 2008

Surgery, On What?

What us mothers do for our kids! I mean we have to do some awesome things in our lives, but today I performed the unimaginable.
Okay maybe you can imagine it (I did include pictures)!
I performed leg surgery on a spider. Yes, you read that right, leg surgery on a spider! Not just any spider, an enormous eight legged, huge fanged spider! You see he's the kids pet and they got a little too rough with him and accidentally ripped one of his legs. He's been in isolation for so long I just felt so bad I thought I finally better fix him. So this morning after getting all my supplies together I started sewing the spiders leg back together. It was a lot harder than I thought, his skin is pretty tough, but I finally managed to repair the tear and then sealed it with some superglue. Hopefully this will hold through more rough housing with the kids! They really like him! I don't think he has a name yet...any suggestions?


No comments: